Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cary Grant was cool and funny






Personal quotes:


I think making love is the best form of exercise.

I've often been accused by critics of being myself on-screen. But being oneself is more difficult than you'd suppose.

I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or he became me.

My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Divorce is a game played by lawyers.

I improve on misquotation.

To succeed with the opposite sex, tell her you are impotent; she can't wait to disprove it.

(with great help from Lolita's Classics blog)

1 comment:

  1. I do love this man, and I've wondered who he really was. The photos you found for the post are brilliant, especially the last.

    Lately Don and I have noted that our Peter reminds us of him. In looks a little, and his humor especially.

    I don't think there is a funnier actor. Have you seen "Holiday"? It's a little heavy handed with the message, but even so, I love it, particularly when Grant does flips down the hall!

    ReplyDelete